( resource ) blogger tips + tricks:

August 13, 2009



okay, it's double resource day because I just have to share this with you! I literally yelled "no way" out loud when I found this. ;)

I was talking with a friend (at the blog social, though I can't remember who.. so if it was you, I hope you're reading this) about how we wished we could number the comments, in blogger like wordpress does. For giveaways in the past: I've literally sat and counted down to comment # 400 out of 900 or whatever, hahaaaa.

Well, I stumbled upon this when going to this lovely blog: BLOGGER PLUG INS.. and there it was, on the first page. So for those of you who didn't know this existed, I present to you:


!!!!! How silly. Why didn't I think to search this before? It's super easy, you just have to replace code in the "edit html" section of your blog. Is ANYONE else as excited about this as I am? ;)

Anyway, Blog plug ins are seriously so cool! lol. I'm a bit of a nerd. But I have just entered a whole new world of things I can do with my blog beyond what blogger offers. Here are some other blog plug-ins of interest:

How to Remove Label Post Count + Top Commentators Widget for Blogger + I recently had an incident where someone copied my entire blog design. So this a pretty valuable one: Disable Right Click on Blog.

Have fun!
xo.

19 hello's:

  1. very cool. i like it! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't me! This is amazing! I'm off to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these! I recently bought my first domain for my blog and I really want to make it look better and have it be more functional!

    I do have a question though... do you know how I can make an "About" link kind of like yours or the ones that people with wordpress accounts have? I'm so lost haha

    Thanks again for the lovely tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link! I've been wondering for some time now how to number the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! This is very helpful. I was wondering how it was done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! This is such a great tip - I've been counting comments too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! This is such a great tip - I've been counting comments too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha Ha! It was me that you had this conversation with! great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing! i just added the "no right click" feature!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great widgets! I tried that top commenter widget a few weeks ago, but it doesn't always work, so I got rid of it. But once they fix the bug, I will put it back up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're awesome! that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danni -

    Thanks for the tips! I found that blog really helpful and added a cool "retweet" button to all my posts. Keep up the good blogging!

    <3 Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you actually disabled the right click on your blog? As a test I've just tried to save one of your buttons with "save picture as" and it worked... So beware.

    I find your blog very lovely and I'm sure it was hard work setting it up. How can some people just steal ideas of others and get away with it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Danni: That is an awesome plug-in. When I've done giveaways in the past I've done the same and counted. This would save ALOT of time!

    Have a great weekend!

    { Lindsey }
    http://greatfullday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. No Way!!! I hate the counting and I'm always paranoid that I'll make a mistake! Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. uhmmm... i totally heard you say "no way" when I read it :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for your great advices! Now I'm becoming a real geek (no no non I'm so far away from that, but I'd love to!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The right-click disable really is a drop on a hot stone (or how does the saying go?). Anyone who wanted to could just grab your design; your graphics are hosted on an open platform, the code and CSS is accessible despite the script you added.

    What is very bothersome about your lovely blog now is that the right-click disabling prevents anyone from opening outgoing links into new tabs or windows, because you don't offer another script to let your readers choose whether links may open in new windows or tabs.

    You loose readers and traffic this way; I personally find it very bothersome having to click "back" to come and read more of your posts. You have a lovely blog, which runs on a free template anyways. It certainly is frustrating when people are so inspired by blogs that they design their own too close to what they've seen elsewhere. However, how important is your "safety" versus your blog readers' comfyness? I for my part am reading most of your posts in my newsreader now. But that actually costs you clicks and traffic. And comments.

    ReplyDelete

Friends, Thank you so much for reading + supporting my blog, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. Your comment support truly means so much to me. Have a lovely day! xo, danni