my engagement ring:

January 29, 2010

so if you're a recent reader to the blog, on november 6, my sweet bf and i got engaged! thank you to everyone who shared in our joys and celebration from the story! and friends who congratulated us at craft shows over the past couple months, it is so special to be able to share it with you.

anyway, i wanted to share my special engagement ring with you today... and really kind of just brag about my fiancee for a second ;) i found this piece of paper on my floor, and when i opened it up i realized that it was a schedule for the day he proposed, broken down minute by minute. i'll admit: i teared up a little and it made me realize just how much work he put into it and how blessed i am to have someone who cares for me so much.

here's the schedule i found:
engaged: list.
so cute right? i think it's cute ;)

and i went a little crazy on the pictures of the ring he made out of a block of wood. all he used was a hand saw and a some sandpaper (in the picture above, with the wood block too) he said there was sawdust all over his apartment... when he showed me the block of wood that he started with, all i could think was.. wow, that's legit! hehe.
engaged: ring3
engaged: ring1
engaged: ring2
the block is the 'back up' piece he made just in case he had to start over.. so yea, he started with that wood block and sanded and sanded and sanded until he came up with the ring you see next to the block. he also told me he just guessed on the drill bit size and drilled! it fit my finger perfectly so it was definitely meant to be! he even somehow managed to carve little hearts on the side.
engaged: ring4
engaged: ring5
i wore it for a month but we were both afraid it would break esp.. then for christmas, he surprised me with these beautiful rose rings he picked out on etsy! i love them.. and i feel like they're symbolic in a way... the 2 roses represent him and i and the 1 rose represents Christ! when i mentioned it to him he said he thought the exact same thing! so i am just wearing the 2 roses ring and i think the 1 rose will just be my wedding ring. :)

engaged: new rings.
ps: if you want to know where the rings are from, i can ask him!
just let me know!



2 rings, i am a lucky + blessed girl.
thanks for letting me share the engagement rings
with you ;) happy friday dear friends. xo.



update: nick told me the shop he got the rings from is jennykim!
her work is just fabulous!
thanks for all your sweet comments! nick thanks you too. :)

118 hello's:

  1. what a great story and what beautiful ring...lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing, danni! so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice! Beautiful rose rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of him! The rose rings are gorgeous. Who did he get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rings to match a beautiful story! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are going to have a LOT to live up by way of engagement stories: and you will have such amazing momentos/pictures to remember it by for your whole life!

    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that piece of paper is one for the scrap books! And what detail and time to make you that ring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your story! The rings are gorgeous, and it's nice that you'll always have the wooden one to remember by. I think it's lovely that you have something out of the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That it absolutely amazing! Those rings are gorgeous! That is definitely an engagement to remember! :)
    CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously......the coolest thing ever.......I absolutely love all of your rings, and the meaning behind them is fantastic!

    thrills my little heart friend!

    happy weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. so incredibly sweet, danni. congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore this. So glad you shared this with us and bragged on your fiancée. What a wonderfully sweet man to put the time and effort into giving you something so unique and personal. With a man who puts that much effort into the little details like this I can only imagine how much effort he will put into your marriage. What a blessing to have a man like him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is THE sweetest thing i've ever seen. you are a lucky lucky girl. congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw very sweet! I love the wooden ring!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww congrats!!! Super cute:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How special, fun, and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw danni! i'm so happy for you :) those rings are GORGEOUS! i can't believe that he made the wooden one. It's so intricately delicate :) I love the rose rings and the symbolism. Can't wait for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so sweet!
    i love the idea of Christ and you and nick.

    i can't wait to read the rest!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I am in tears. So beautiful!
    What a creative handy bf you have! Congratz to you both :) God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh beautiful! perfect for you and so much sentiment. The symbolism- wow.

    yours will be a blessed marriage, i can just feel it!

    xoxo

    thank you for sharing your life's fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful engagement story -- congratulations! Both rings -- the wood one and the rose ones -- are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely story and the Etsy rings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on you engagement! Your ring is exquisite! Jennifer:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. SWOON! This is just so thoughtful and sweet of him and I'm almost positive you've got the whole blogging world in a state of simultaneous envy and immense joy for the two of you. So freaking cute. <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh that is adorable and lovely and perfect. i love how God works things out like that. So special.

    "to him who is exceedingly abundantly able to do above all that we could ask or imagine..." Eph 3:20

    P.S. I am gearing up to do another workshop the first weekend of May...it will be at the same art gallery in DT Fullerton where I hosted the Partridge in a Pear Tree workshop...you down? Let me know if you want to take part and we'll chat...the theme this time is The Secret Garden...

    ReplyDelete
  26. sweet sweet man. thanks for braggin!! i LOVE the story!
    i love the symbolism!!!
    Do you know who the seller was?

    ReplyDelete
  27. They're all beautiful rings. I love your fiance's list! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's awesome! Lovely indeed. And love the sentiments behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you are one lucky girl! congrats again!

    wonderful story and very swoon-worthy!

    all the rings are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the rings and the love behind them all. And the list is SO sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is the most perfect, sweet story. And awesome that y'all are on the same page. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That itinerary is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I would frame that if I were you! I would give anything for my guy to be half as romantic as yours! Congratulations and all the rings are perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for sharing this special time in your life. i think the rose rings a beautiful and i love the symbolism. i wish you both happiness and can't wait to see more wedding plans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have one word for all of that:
    aaawwwwwww!
    that's just so nice ;)
    the roses are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh...wow. the wooden ring...and the rings he chose...breathtaking. your fiance has wonderful taste, and you guys seriously sound like you're absolutely perfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  36. you were right - that list is so sweet! i can't hardly believe that he carved that ring himself, it turned out lovely. and as for the rose rings you went with? gorgeous. thanks for sharing, Danni! and once again, so lovely meeting you at Alt. :)

    xo
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  37. too cute! I love how unique they are!

    ReplyDelete
  38. so lovely. so very beautiful to see them up close!

    there is a really wonderful book called three to get married by fulton sheen that is all about the blessing of a Christ centered marriage.

    congratulations again :) can't wait to see what sort of wedding loveliness you've got up your sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful ring, beautiful story, beautiful couple... congratulations! Thank you for sharing; God's blessings on you both.

    ReplyDelete
  40. very very beautiful!! I love both the wood and the rose rings! Congratulations.

    Ecclesiastes 4:12

    Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
    A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow... two engagement rings?! you must be extra special :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh wow!

    What beautiful rings - all of them. Your fiance is very clever and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These rings are gorgeous definitely unique for the ocasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. love love love the new rings, how unique and obviously so special

    ReplyDelete
  45. what a sweetheart, and very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  46. wow, he MADE your ring?! it is beautiful, and that is SO special. that little itinerary is the sweetest thing ever!! He sounds so adorable!

    By the way... My fiance also proposed on November 6th! Too funny :)

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Soooo sweeeeet! The rings are precious.....

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow wow WOW!

    I'd say he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  49. congratulations again! those are the sweetest pictures and his list is beyond adorable. i have no words for the handmade ring . . . you two are blessed to have each other. happy engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  50. One of the most precious things that I have ever heard of. That block ring is definitely unique and lovely.

    And I love the rose rings, especially that you incorporated Christ into it... and He has his own ring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. How thoughtful! And those rings are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOW! Thank you for sharing - that is so sweet and unique. You are blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. awww congrats on the engagement girl! it's so wonderful that there is a special meaning behind your unique rings, it's just lovely! hope wedding planning is going well. i just know all the details will come together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  54. you do have the cutest, sweetest boyfriend... I mean fiance!! totally brag-worthy :)

    and those rose rings are just gorgeous! it's great that there is such meaning behind all the rings. that one the boy made is truly a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Seriously such an adorable store! Way to go to your man =)

    ReplyDelete
  56. what a lovely story! it reminds me of, in ecc., a strand of three cords...sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  57. awww this is so sweet! thank u for sharing the story with us:) i love that he made ur ring. makes it even more special. the rose rings are gorgeous! congrats again to u and ur fiancee, dani!

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is one of the sweetest and most romantic stories I've ever heard in my live. And I love that ring.

    ReplyDelete
  59. that is the most romantic thing! wonderful!
    Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  60. are you kidding? I definitely want to know where those rose rings are from. they're so delicate and beautiful.

    that is really sweet. handmade gifts are so, so special and what a time for a handmade gift.

    ReplyDelete
  61. so sweet! i wish you both all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  62. hey i just found your blog and i love it soooo much! <3 may i link your blog? xoxo audrey

    ReplyDelete
  63. congradulations on getting engaged, you sure have one romantic fiance. Love the blog, great photos

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Danni! I just realized that we've met- I met you at that craft fair in Santa Ana, and we both know Beatrice! I love your engagement story (that wood ring! that real ring!), and went looking for pictures, and recognized you immediately. I feel sill for not making the connection sooner, but hey...I forget sometimes. :]

    anyway. love your blog! let's be blog friends?

    ReplyDelete
  65. oh, dear, you two make my heart sing:) I am sure you will be very, very happy together - it is enough to see your photos where both of you look so happy and have the biggest smiles:) by the way, I think you should totally frame that list! It is just too cute!:)

    ReplyDelete
  66. They are lovely Danni!

    I have white gold for my engagement and wedding ring - He asked both my Mum and my best friend whether I'd prefer normal gold or white gold (or silver I think lol)

    ReplyDelete
  67. The wooden ring is amazing! As are the rose rings, lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love that he made a list! =) so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. what a sweet story and such amazing attention to detail. You're right, your fiance does sound amazing. Congratulations and a late welcome to the engaged club!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow! I love it. Not only is the ring he made amazingly special I really love Jenny Kim's work! Fabulous, you both are truly lucky. -xx

    ReplyDelete
  71. How beautiful and original!
    Was he very nervous when he made up that list? :D It is SO so sweet!

    ♥ Maria-Thérèse blog.afiori.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hey! I just came across your blog, and this is such a sweet idea!! I can't believe he made that ring out of wood for you, seriously, so sweet! I'm about to go read the proposal story now. OH and the list is adorable. Seems like you got a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Sooooo sweet and so romantic. What a lovely time in your life! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wow! I came onto your blog by hopping others and didn't really plan to comment but I am so struck by this top entry and all the time your fiance took to make you that ring I have no doubt you will cherish for the rest of your life. I'm going to show it to my husband who is a wood worker and can aptly appreciate the time spent on it even more than I can but congratulations to both of you! I do believe I would have boo hoo'ed my head off if given that.

    faith, trust, and faerie dust,
    ~Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  75. absolutely gorgeous! and your engagement story brought me to tears. congratulations!!!

    caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  76. aw, danni! You two are the cutest and the term, "lucky in love" comes to mind when I think about your love story. Such great and thoughtful rings. Congrats, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Hi Danni,
    You are such a great storyteller. I could read your stories all day. You really are a lucky girl and it is obvious your boy loves you to pieces. So much thought and effort he has gone too. I love your rose rings. They are so unique. Congratulations again. Melinda xo

    ReplyDelete
  78. oh wow. how very special. you'll truly be able to cherish your rings forever because of the hard work and true meaningfulness each one brings!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Oh my goodness! I can't believe he made that out of a piece of wood....that's very impressive! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  80. How he planned every detail... it's so sweet!! The wood ring is so beautiful, adorable.... Really lucky!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. That is one awesome guy you've got there! To think that he went through all that just to propose, that says a lot about him!! You're a lucky girl indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  82. PRECIOSOS! congratulations for your wedding and for yout good taste. Lovely blog! Greetings from Spain (hyyp:/ladytacones.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  83. i consider my self so lucky just because i found you blog :)
    really loved it ,.. loved each word in it ,..
    you're are a bless :)
    and u made my day

    ReplyDelete
  84. that is hands down one of THE SWEETEST things ever. what an amazing guy you have and i'm sure your life together will be even more amazing <3 lots of blessings on you two!

    ReplyDelete
  85. This is a beautiful story. He sounds like one special guy, picked out just for you, and all the work he did on that ring for you, wow! Congratulations again. The new ring is lovey too and I love the sigificance of the three roses.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Oh it's so, so cute !
    I would die to have such a sweet boyfriend (mine is really great but can't make anything out of his hands...)
    You're a lucky girl and your man is a gem !

    ReplyDelete
  87. Your rings are amazing! So unique and special. Truly beautiful. Congrats! (I love the symbolism in the rose rings)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Danni,
    What a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing it. The rings are amazing.
    I am so happy to find a fellow blogger who has the same views on marriage - Christ at the center!

    It only gets better from here!
    <3
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  89. This is very sweet. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  90. That ring is beautiful! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  91. hi danni! i love how unique your rings are and how the single rose represents Christ. that's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  92. so sweet! all such beautiful rings...congrats to you two! cheers & wishes for much happiness

    ReplyDelete
  93. Does he have a single brother? hehe just joking, but gosh that is such a sweet story. x

    ReplyDelete
  94. If I remember right I didn't even get around to commenting when you first posted your engagement story (sad face for me being a bad bloggy friend)... but oh, Danni, my heart just overflows with happiness for you!!! It was truly one of the most sweet and beautiful engagement stories I've ever heard... and now to see the ring your Nick made for you, and that adorable schedule only makes it even more touching and beautiful. You two are simply PERFECT for each other, it's apparent. And your love is so simple and sincere and lovely to see. It makes me incredibly happy to see such a wonderful girl as you blessed with such a loving and great guy as yours. I can't wait to see you two being your lives as husband and wife. SO thrilled for you. Thanks for sharing this with us!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  95. *BEGIN your lives, not being. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  96. incredible couple, incredible rings, incredible fiance! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  97. ooh danni, this is just so amazing.
    PURE ♥

    (gets me all sentimental...)

    ReplyDelete
  98. Congrats!!...so glad to hear of fellow bloggers that are seriously in love with each other and Jesus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  99. That is such a sweet story and I love the wooden engagement ring - he is so clever. The silver rings are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  100. what a precious story. and such lovely rings!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Hey there...I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it was meeting you guys this morning...although I fell in love with you instantly, after reading your story I know for sure, you too are "legit" I am so excited to work with you guys on your engagement shoot and your wedding. I love meeting people with depth and sincerity, both of which I saw the second you walked in the door! Fun times ahead!!! :)talk soon

    ReplyDelete
  102. Touch-wood! These are really great. well its better than any of the engagement rings out in this world. What could be better to have a self made engagement ring. Thanks for sharing this pretty awesome post. Love to come here time and again. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  103. i am so sorry i appear to be stalking you now...this is such a wonderful gift you received, and such evidence of his heart knowing yours, and valuing the commitment that comes in the bond of 3, you, him, and Christ. you have such a fantastic start in your life together!

    ReplyDelete
  104. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I am such a big fan of romantic stories. You're right--you are blessed to have a caring man by your side; he definitely put a lot of love in sanding your engagement ring. It's perfect. My brother asked me to help him buy a special diamond for her girlfriend in our nearby jeweler, Indianapolis. Of course, I can't say no to my brother. He's planning to ask for her hand during their dinner date. Thanks, for posting your inspiring story.

    ReplyDelete
  106. this is an old post but I just read it for the first time — so adorable! It made me smile when you mentioned how the 3 roses represent you, your fiance and Christ. I got married last month and we had Ecclesiastics 4:12 in our service. That ring will be such a great reminder for you—forever! :) God bless you in your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  107. goh that's just beautiful and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Wow, well this is just the sweetest thing ever! I LOVE the wooden ring. And the rose ring set is fabulous. I love how you said the single rose represents Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Hey!
    That´s a really cute story, your fiance (now husband!) is really talented =D
    I love the meaning of the rings too, you´re so cute! ♥
    Kisses from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  110. Oh How cute! Love this story! The wooden ring is just stunning! Love it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Congratulations, lovely story and very pretty rings.

    ReplyDelete
  112. That is such an out of the ordinary way to propose to someone. Really well thought out, congrats.

    jewelry shops

    ReplyDelete
  113. wow, thats so cute! I would love to know where he bought the wooden rings!

    ReplyDelete
  114. really beautiful hand made engagement ring, i assume that's the best ring i have seen so far.

    ReplyDelete

Friends, Thank you so much for reading + supporting my blog, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. Your comment support truly means so much to me. Have a lovely day! xo, danni