happy friday:

August 27, 2010

Photobucket
my 2 brothers, nicholas, and i just returned home from stockton - we were able to go be with my mom for her 2nd round of the chemo treatment. we went up there to support her as she also decided to shave her head. it was a really special time and moment for all us to share together. (the picture above is posted with her permission) she is quite adorable bald, and she stayed so strong through it all. she's also really cute with her little beanie on. for anyone who has gone through this with a loved one, i know you can relate with how precious it was to share in this with her. we laughed with her, prayed, cried a bit, held her hand, and told her how beautiful she is. i love my mom so much!

well, i thought i'd leave some links for the weekend too! what are your weekend plans? i have no idea what we're doing this weekend -- hopefully getting focused about what we need to do next for the wedding. i am quite disorganized and feel a bit overwhelmed. maybe i can convince nicholas to take me to the LA flea market for a little de-stress shopping ;) anyone want to meet up? hehe okay, on with the links:

- a really really awesome DIY ice cream pinata over at simply modern mom!

- sweet homemade carmel + fudge sauce and free printables at creature comforts!

- are you a jackie or a marilyn over at a diary of lovely. (i want to be jackie)

- bookmark katrina's blog over the next few weeks: she is having a blog e-course for beginners and it sounds awesome!

- another lovely course found through good measure blog: created by bonnie from Going Home to Roost, selling the handmade way is for shop owners or aspiring shop owners. she's offering a free e-book and she's also having a course starting in the fall!

- i've (finally) decided on a dress! well, two. ;) i will wear this one at the reception and am borrowing this vintage dress from ruby for the ceremony! what do you think? :)

that's it! happy weekend to my dear friends. see you on monday. xo.

25 hello's:

  1. Your mom is a beautiful and courageous woman! You guys are in my prayers. Thank you for the links! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

    xo
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell that she is just stunning with her new do. You guys are awesome to be with her. I'm just a skip and a throw from Stockton- small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! We had a "shaving party" when my mom started treatment. You described it perfectly. Thank you for sharing! You also have wonderful taste! The dress you are wearing at your reception is the one I picked out for our engagement pics! And I LOVE the vintage dress. To die for! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a beautiful photo of your mom! glad you could be there with her. And the dresses you picked out are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother sounds like a very strong woman! That's great that you were all able to be there with her for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing :) your mom is very brave and so are you! I hope all will be alright soon!
    Your dresses are lovely and I`d be very happy to make you some flowers if you want to!
    Happy friday! xo, Thili

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying AMEN and clapping for your brave, beautiful mom and her strong loving family...Every step taken is one step closer to putting it all behind you...We thought of it like that with my sister. First the port surgery, then the chemo one by one and last week the lumpectomy (no lymphnodes involved) yesterday a good visit and report with the Dr. and next radiation...You are in my thoughts and prayers, as I type I have a sticky note on the top of my monitor that says, Prayer - "Oh Hello Friend, you are loved" Wedding & Mother in Chemo - So all day when I sit down I see you and your beautiful mom in my mind and a prayer goes up. I am sure that I am just one of many who support you from a far.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wishing your dear mother all the best. As for the dresses, that vintage dress is amazing! I wouldn't take it off! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the anthro dress pick for your reception..as an anthropologie employee I have seen many girls try it on and it is SO flattering!

    All the best to your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a strong and beautiful woman she is and ever so blessed to have you all there to hold her hand and laugh along the way. Sending prayers to your mom and your sweet family!

    PS The vintage dress is so beautiful I could cry! And if I come to LA for flea marketing then you must come to Copenhagen next! :-) There are so many flea markets here I hardly know which one to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mom does look cute in her beanie! Best wishes for her and a full and healthy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mom is radiant. I admire her so much. You, Nicholas and your family are doing a wonderful job encouraging her. When I have to endure a trial similar to yours I will have confidence that the Lord is faithful and praise Him for what he's teaching in you that I can follow as an example as a strong believer. Thanks for everything you're sharing Danni. Your transparency and compassion is remarkable.

    On another note, YOUR DRESSES ARE THE BOMB.COM! The one from Anthro has been on my wishlist for some time. I know you will be stunning on your wedding day. Way to save thousands of dollars opting to choose those classic pieces! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy weekend to you darling!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to comment on how I liked the image but love it even more now that I know it's your mom. She's a trooper. I remember your post when you first found out. She is lucky and blessed to have you, Nicholas and your brothers in her life. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty post Danni, lots of love to your beautiful mom and to all of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much love for you and your family, especially your mom! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I can't see the dress on anthro, but the other one is gorgeous. You are going to be such a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw danni, praise God for that time with your mom :) it really warms my heart! and i will be at the la flea this weekend after church WHOA! hopefully i'll get to see you! i'll call you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. both dresses are STUNNING. oh my, that vintage one, especially... out-of-this-world beautiful! you will look so gorgeous. :)

    i'm praying for your mom, she is precious. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful picture!! i love the warm colours in it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your dress choice for the reception is DARLING (go go anthro!) and i can't think of anything lovelier than Ruby's dress for the ceremony. :D

    thanks for spreading the word about the blogging ecourse for beginners, Danni. i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so happy for you mom she was courages enough to shave it all off. She sounds like a force to be reckoned as I am sure you all think that!
    I took that Jackie or Marilyn test and I turned out Marilyn... Whatever that means :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, this post was wonderful.
    All my love to you and your mother,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful dresses!!
    beautiful mommy!
    praying for her, and the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your Mom's beanie, she looks wonderful. And your dresses, so beautiful Danni!

    Wish I saw this Friday, my parents were here over the weekend and we went to the LA flea market. Too bad we missed each other!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for sharing. love and prayers to your mom. i had a friend go through this a few years ago. your mom is beautiful and it's really cool that your siblings could be there with her.

    ReplyDelete

Friends, Thank you so much for reading + supporting my blog, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. Your comment support truly means so much to me. Have a lovely day! xo, danni