letterpress printing:

August 3, 2010

Photobucket
so i mentioned i finally printed something on my c&p pilot press a couple weeks ago. it was really simple, i just used some wood type + red ink. but it was so much fun! i thought i'd share a few pictures:

Photobucket
this is where my sweet little pilot press sits.
it's well used and a sweet shade of dusty blue.
(clock is from fairehoure + butterfly is thrifted)

Photobucket
inking up: a little ink goes a long way!

Photobucket
getting the rollers all inked.

Photobucket
aligning the print.

Photobucket
library 'hello' cards all printed.

Photobucket
all done.

hope you enjoyed the photos! :)

30 hello's:

  1. How sweet they are! I remember running big presses in college - I loved the smell of it all. Can remember it very clearly, thanks for the walk down memory lane this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! That's amazing that you have your own letterpress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! i bet you are so excited to have that press! i know i would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos. Thank you for sharing your process! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw...how fun! love the photos and wishing i had a letterpress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I'm quite envious of your fabulous printing set-up! And those library hello cards are darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you have your own letter press, that is so cool! I am envious too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so awesome!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. Its so cool you have a letter press!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very exciting! Where can it be bought? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awesome! I would love to learn how to letterpress. It just adds so much to a design.

    P.S. Your booth looked great at the Renegade Craft fair this last weekend. I was going to say hi, but the booth was crowded and I felt like a nerd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love this mini tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a seriously exciting new adventure! oh the things you can make!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOOOO COOOOOLLLLLL!!!!

    i'm so happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really, really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too cool!! Love it.

    PS I'm doing a giveaway to promote charity. Come check it out!
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO fun!! i want to learn how to letterpress so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg! you make me want to buy a letterpress and learn how to use it, soo soo bad! love the blue shade of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cool, Danni! It's fun to know how it's done. :) Hope you are doing well, sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. sooooo jealous of your setup danni! can i come over for a lesson? hehe
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How lovely, so funny I read this today! I am in the midst of design an invitation hopefully to be done on letterpress, will be my first experience with it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these! I've been coveting one of those charming little machines! Looks super fun!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing these Danni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love i love! letterpress is the best. what a fun find!

    ReplyDelete

Friends, Thank you so much for reading + supporting my blog, and for taking the time to leave me a comment. Your comment support truly means so much to me. Have a lovely day! xo, danni